Erika Hall — Conversational Design
Episode 142 • Published Jun 21, 2018
Co-founder of Mule Design, Erika Hall, joins Christopher to talk about her new book, Conversational Design, and also about how Mule Design works with teams to communicate and design better and more collaboratively.
- 1:20 What is conversational design?
- 4:20 Conversations with robocalls
- 9:50 People still love websites.
- 13:10 Google and people are error tolerant unlike voice assistants.
- 16:00 A book about as much about content strategy as conversational design
- 18:00 How do you convince your boss to use this?
- 24:45 Delightful / delight as a design term is a controversial term these days.
- 31:20 How do you work with teams who create or discuss design systems into their products or services?
- 35:00 Research is often used for confirmation biases
- 39:30 People can sit next to each other and never collaborate
- 43:30 People often have a tacit agreement to not point out when higher ups doing something wrong
- 48:00 If it helps to have Mule Design come in and say the things people would get fired for saying, that’s a service we provide.
- 51:30 What are some signs that your company or culture is successfully clicking?
- 54:20 How can people find Erika Hall online?
Follow The Non Breaking Space Show