Brenda Storer — Practical CSS Grids
Episode 138 • Published Nov 21, 2017
Brenda Storer returns! Brenda is a Front End Developer and Designer at thoughtbot. She recently won Best Presentation at CSS Dev Conf 2017 New Orleans. Her talk focused on the topic of practical CSS grid layouts.
- 1:40 Winning best of at CSS Dev Conf
- 4:50 Prepping for a talk on CSS Grid
- 11:00 What’s the difference between CSS Grid and Flexbox?
- 17:10 Do we need to use Bootstrap anymore?
- 26:25 CSS isn’t intuitive and CSS Grid helps make it easier to maintain.
- 33:20 Solving real problems with Grid first.
- 34:50 Pushing and testing the boundaries of CSS Grid
- 40:12 What tools did you use to help construct Grid?
- 41:25 Any complaints or issues with CSS Grid?
- 47:20 Any final suggestions for CSS Grid?
- 53:20 How can people find you on the internet?