Brenda Storer — Practical CSS Grids
Episode 138 • Published Nov 21, 2017
Brenda Storer returns! Brenda is a Front End Developer and Designer at thoughtbot. She recently won Best Presentation at CSS Dev Conf 2017 New Orleans. Her talk focused on the topic of practical CSS grid layouts.
Feed and MP3 files are proudly hosted by Feed.Press
- 1:40 Winning best of at CSS Dev Conf
- 4:50 Prepping for a talk on CSS Grid
- 11:00 What’s the difference between CSS Grid and Flexbox?
- 17:10 Do we need to use Bootstrap anymore?
- 26:25 CSS isn’t intuitive and CSS Grid helps make it easier to maintain.
- 33:20 Solving real problems with Grid first.
- 34:50 Pushing and testing the boundaries of CSS Grid
- 40:12 What tools did you use to help construct Grid?
- 41:25 Any complaints or issues with CSS Grid?
- 47:20 Any final suggestions for CSS Grid?
- 53:20 How can people find you on the internet?