- Hosted by Christopher Schmitt
Weekly podcast seeking out the best, brightest, and smartest creatives to find out why they do what they do and how they did it. Free trial plan, no CC required.
Rachel Andrew — The New CSS Layout Technologies
Episode 137 • Published Nov 06, 2017
Rachel Andrew returns! Rachel is a sought out expert on web design layout technologies like CSS Grid and Flexbox, an invited expert to CSS Working Group, and author of several books. Her latest book, The New CSS Layout, is out now from A Book Apart.
- 2:05 Why did you write The New CSS Layout?
- 4:30 What do you think of CSS display table layout in 2017?
- 6:50 Any 3rd party item probably solves problems you’re not dealing with.
- 10:00 Are people not learning or writing CSS these days?
- 15:30 The challenges with CSS Grid.
- 17:38 Where should developers go for help?
- 20:00 What is a block formatting context?
- 24:50 Using CSS multi-columns.
- 28:00 Doing design without media queries
- 30:00 Source Order vs. Display Order
- 33:00 Views on fallbacks, feature queries
- 35:50 Future of non-rectangular grid elements
- 38:00 CSS Round display coming in the future
- 39:10 What is Perch CMS and how might people use it?