Peter Nowell — SVG Sketch Workflows
Episode 128 • Published Aug 15, 2017
Peter Nowell is an independent designer, whose clients include Apple, Flinto, and Juice Shop. Peter is also the creator of Sketch Master, a set of online video courses for learning Sketch app.
- 3:30 Using Sketch instead of Photoshop in workflows.
- 10:45 What are your thoughts on training for the web?
- 14:39 I’m a big fan of exploring the tough bits of design.
- 17:00 Putting together a Sketch workflow course.
- 21:30 As humans we’re programmed to remember stories.
- 22:50 Why make your own SVG optimizer?
- 29:20 SVG is capable of so much more.
- 36:15 There’s a difference between tool based design versus marketing related design.
- 39:50 What would you recommend for people looking to move to Sketch from Adobe products?
- 46:20 It doesn’t look like a professional tool when you just open it up.
- 47:30 What Sketch plugins do you use day in/day out?
- 53:00 Abstract plugin for Sketch.
- 55:30 What are the advantages to using Abstract instead of using Github?
- 58:20 Sometimes the process shouldn’t be holy. It should be unique to each project.
- 1:00:00 The further along in a project I am, the less likely I am to add new code.