Kirupa Chinnathambi — Animating the Web
Episode 125 • Published Jul 11, 2017
Kirupa Chinnathambi works as a Program Manager in the Web Platform team at Microsoft. His latest book, Creating Web Animations published by O’Reilly Media, examines how animations are made in today’s user interfaces.
- 1:50 What got you into the web?
- 4:40 Why write a book about web animations?
- 6:40 How do you define CSS transitions and CSS animations?
- 10:30 What are some tips for making animations with better performance?
- 12:18 What would cause you to work with canvas?
- 13:20 What are the properties you want to avoid?
- 15:35 What if I position absolute within a nested div that’s positioned relative?
- 16:30 What tools would you recommend for testing performance?
- 17:15 What were your goals in writing your book?
- 21:55 What are your views on the CSS spec going forward?
- 27:10 When’s the sequel coming out for your FrontPage book?
- 29:40 How important is blogging?
- 32:10 Discussion of owning your content.