Harry Roberts — The Tools of a CSS Front-end Architect
Episode 121 • Published Jun 13, 2017
Harry Roberts is an award-winning Consultant Front-end Architect, writer, and speaker from the UK. Roberts is often asked for his advice by web teams to help make their CSS better organized and more efficient.
Jump to a conversation on…
- 3:40 Becoming a Google Developer Expert
- 5:30 What type of work do you normally do?
- 6:40 What does it mean to thrash things off?
- 7:40 When does someone hire an outside consultant?
- 8:30 Are you doing a lot of coding on projects?
- 11:11 What type of issues are clients calling you about?
- 14:10 What tips do you have to scale engineers to be able to understand CSS?
- 16:34 Only tell people what they want to hear.
- 18:10 What tools do you use?
- 21:40 Any tips on becoming a master of Chrome Dev Tools?
- 24:10 Can you have Canary and regular Chrome on one computer?
- 31:15 What are web components and how can people benefit from them?
- 38:15 Your views on Sass vs Post-CSS?
- 39:35 Do most companies have responsive websites now?
- 42:45 Any advice for people who want to market themselves?
- 44:45 If you don’t have a blog, people cannot read your work at all.