Harry Roberts — The Tools of a CSS Front-end Architect
Episode 121 • Published Jun 13, 2017
Harry Roberts is an award-winning Consultant Front-end Architect, writer, and speaker from the UK. Roberts is often asked for his advice by web teams to help make their CSS better organized and more efficient.
Feed and MP3 files are proudly hosted by Feed.Press
Jump to a conversation on…
- 3:40 Becoming a Google Developer Expert
- 5:30 What type of work do you normally do?
- 6:40 What does it mean to thrash things off?
- 7:40 When does someone hire an outside consultant?
- 8:30 Are you doing a lot of coding on projects?
- 11:11 What type of issues are clients calling you about?
- 14:10 What tips do you have to scale engineers to be able to understand CSS?
- 16:34 Only tell people what they want to hear.
- 18:10 What tools do you use?
- 21:40 Any tips on becoming a master of Chrome Dev Tools?
- 24:10 Can you have Canary and regular Chrome on one computer?
- 31:15 What are web components and how can people benefit from them?
- 38:15 Your views on Sass vs Post-CSS?
- 39:35 Do most companies have responsive websites now?
- 42:45 Any advice for people who want to market themselves?
- 44:45 If you don’t have a blog, people cannot read your work at all.