Dan Brown — UX Design Consultant
Episode 120 • Published May 31, 2017
Dan Brown is co-founder of EightShapes, a UX design discovery shop that serves clients in healthcare, education, not-for-profit and high-tech. He’s recently written a book called, Practical Design Discovery, published by A Book Apart.
Jump to a conversation on…
- 4:20 How long have you been working in the web industry?
- 7:45 What does it mean to give everyone a voice?
- 9:40 I want to have the hard conversations but you have to be willing to listen and be vulnerable.
- 11:10 Talking about the game Dan Brown has made.
- 13:10 Some of the techniques I’ve used to move situations forward are…
- 18:25 How did you get started with Eight Shapes?
- 20:40 Having a kid made the risk worth it.
- 21:20 Nathan’s doing great work on design systems.
- 23:20 Where do you see the future of design going?
- 28:25 In what ways did A Book Apart take care of you in writing a book?
- 30:40 The cover is a bit of a dad joke.
- 33:30 Do you still get a lot of blowback from clients these days?
- 35:50 What we need help with is we’ve got a big problem we don’t understand.
- 39:00 Frankensteining a project and amplifying feedback.
- 45:30 You still need data to back up your design decisions.
- 46:40 How can people get in touch with Dan Brown?