Oliver Lindberg — Editing the Web Industry
Episode 116 • Published Apr 27, 2017
Oliver Lindberg is a freelance editor and content consultant, founder of the new Pixel Pioneers conference, co-founder and curator of Generate Conference, and former editor of Net magazine.
Feed and MP3 files are proudly hosted by Feed.Press
Jump to a conversation on…
- 2:01 Welcome to the show…
- 2:45 How did you get involved on the web and with .Net magazine?
- 4:00 Why .Net?
- 5:50 How would you describe the content of .Net when it was more of a internet fanzine?
- 7:17 How did you stay on top of events and news as an editor of technology?
- 11:40 How does someone become a speaker in our industry?
- 14:50 What tips would would you give to speakers for public speaking?
- 16:03 What goes into putting together an issue of Net magazine?
- 20:20 If someone is prolific at writing on their blog, they’ll likely be a good speaker.
- 21:58 How did you pick the cover story for magazines?
- 26:10 Talking about Pixel Pioneers conference.
- 29:10 What types of themes do you want to hit with Pixel Pioneers?
- 35:30 Any advice for running a conference?
- 40:13 What’s your craziest conference story?
- 46:00 I use spreadsheets more than I ever have before thanks to conference organizing.
- 47:05 Call for papers for Belfast papers is still available.