- Hosted by Christopher Schmitt
Weekly podcast seeking out the best, brightest, and smartest creatives to find out why they do what they do and how they did it. Free trial plan, no CC required.
Steve Portigal — User Research War Stories
Episode 109 • Published Mar 07, 2017
Steve Portigal is the founder and principal of Portigal Consulting, a boutique firm that brings together user research, design and business strategy. Steve is the author of Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights and Doorbells, Danger, and Dead Batteries: User Research War Stories.
Jump to a conversation on…
- 2:00 What made you decide to start publishing stories from the field?
- 6:50 How did you determine which stories were the best for the book?
- 10:00 Were the stories best served as a book?
- 15:40 How would you figure out if you need to go do interviews?
- 22:35 What does user research involve?
- 27:00 Interviewing is great for understanding why.
- 28:30 The hard part is trying to explain why humans are humans.
- 32:40 Context is important.
- 34:58 Don’t get drowned in data.
- 38:10 It reminds me of the Nielsen diagram I despise…
- 39:55 Where can folks buy the books?