Episode № 90 Chris Coyier — Practical SVG
August 17th, 2016 · 57 minutes
In this episode, Christopher Schmitt is joined again by Chris Coyier. Publisher of the CSS Tricks community site, Coyier recently authored Practical SVG from A Book Apart.
Guest Starring: Chris Coyier
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- Content Strategy Summit - A 2-day virtual event focused on content strategy and content marketing. Register now at ContentStrategySummit.com.
- Fancy Hands - Fancy Hands is giving me the opportunity to give new riders 50% off the first month of using virtual assistants. Sign up at Fancy Hands today!
- CSS Dev Conf - Hang out with the greatest learning the latest with Coyier, Snook, Estelle, Andrews, Nabors, and many more speakers at CSSDevConf.com.
- Feed.Press – Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14-day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 2:30 → Chris Coyier, how’s life?
- 3:30 → Writing books for fun and profit
- 6:30 → CSS-Tricks is celebrating 10 years on the web
- 8:30 → Home movies vs Home Movie
- 11:20 → What was Chris' process for writing Practical SVG with A Book Apart?
- 14:30 → Marketing ideas for selling Chris' book.
- 15:25 → Who is Practical SVG for?
- 19:00 → Overlapping of image formats with SVG.
- 26:50 → Browsers getting fixes and updates quicker than before and a lowsrc tag
- 29:00 → How expensive certain webpages are on low data plan.
- 30:59 → What’s HEADER and how does it help with performance?
- 35:00 → MiFi vs Fiber
- 36:01 → 80/20 rule vs 50/50 rule of performance
- 37:20 → Animation with CSS or Java?
- 46:30 → What’s next on the chopping block?
- 47:37 → Flow based system of filters is exciting
- 49:20 → Alex the CSS Husky
- 52:00 → “Hey, everyone!” tech book intro
- 53:10 → New features for CodePen
- 55:20 → CSS Dev Conf 2016