Episode № 89 Wes Bos — ReactJS for Beginners
August 9th, 2016 · 29 minutes
In this episode, Christopher Schmitt speaks with Wes Bos. Wes is a site and web applications’ Designer, Developer, Speaker, and Teacher — probably most recognizable for his online courses such as Sublime Text Power User and React For Beginners.
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- Content Strategy Summit - A 2-day virtual event focused on content strategy and content marketing. Register now at ContentStrategySummit.com.
- Uber - Uber is giving me the opportunity to give new riders $15 credit. Get a ride on Uber and get there with peace of mind
- CSS Dev Conf - Hang out with the greatest learning the latest with Coyier, Snook, Estelle, Andrews, Nabors, and many more at CSSDevConf.com.
- Feed.Press – Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14 day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 3:28 → Difference between browsers utilizing E6 versus ESE3
- 4:30 → Do packages or tooling need to be installed?
- 5:15 → What do you need to get up and running?
- 5:25 → ES6 convenient surprises and features
- 6:22 → Are there videos describing how things work and explaining complexities?
- 8:30 → How they are the courses built and what goes into them?
- 9:30 → How are you aware of information that needs to known regarding Java Script?
- 10:48 → Free Courses
- 12:20 → How did Wes Bos get involved with the web?
- 13:30 → MySpace as a gateway drug to CSS training.
- 14:20 → We’re both big deals on Myspace, FYI.
- 15:00 → Wes got a domain name for his birthday.
- 15:55 → Being involved in the behind the scenes work for bands.
- 17:20 → Shoutouts to the bands Wes do design work for.
- 18:25 → Wes' free courses
- 19:42 → Command line frustrations lead to a course
- 22:30 → Everyone can dance around it, but eventually you’ll have to get into the command line.
- 22:45 → What software Wes uses to build his courses
- 24:10 → What’s Wes' next course?
- 24:48 → Using Slack for people who buy a course
- 25:50 → Worries about bad eggs in your community?