Episode № 70 Zell Liew - Responsive Typography
March 8th, 2016 · 46 minutes
Zell Liew is a writer, freelance web designer & developer based in Singapore. His down-to-earth articles — especially those recently published on the topic of responsive typography — make it easier to understand for both designers and developers.
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- RWD Summit - Three day virtual conference on web performance, responsive design and management. Ask questions live to speakers and fellow developers—and refer back to the recordings as many times as you want.
- CSS Dev Conf - It’s CSS, Sass, PostCSS, and much more. Recently announced featured speakers: Rachel Andrews, Chris Coyier, Trent Walton, Jonathan Snook, Estelle Weyl, and Sarah Drasner!
- Feed.Press – Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14 day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 3:20 What got Zell into the web?
- 9:30 What’s the difference between em and rem type sizes?
- 16:00 Vertical rhythms.
- 20:20 What are people’s main struggles with vertical rhythms?
- 37:50 What else are you passionate about these days?
- 40:20 Tips for creating responsive images.