Episode № 66 SVG Summit 2016 - Building with SVG Q+A Round Table
February 9th, 2016 · 58 minutes
The Round Table from the SVG Summit has hosted by CSS Tricks’ Chris Coyier. It’s both a recap of the SVG Summit talks that happened before it and a Q+A panel with some special guests from the SVG community.
Guest Starring: Chris Coyier
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- CSS Dev Conf - CSS conference for web builders using CSS, Sass, PostCSS, and much more
- Feed.Press – Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14 day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 4:00 Chris' first slide.
- 5:20 CSS Cat
- 6:30 SVG Filters
- 7:30 SVG Text
- 10:50 Text lockup inspired by Letterpressing
- 12:20 Animating the viewbox in SVG
- 20:50 Sara Drasner’s talk
- 23:00 Greensocks plugin and easing
- 23:53 Sketch and icons
- 25:50 SVG and Cloning
- 27:49 Clipping paths and masks
- 30:20 Moving things on a path
- 33:30 Charting in SVG
- 34:30 Bat-poop crazy with charts
- 36:00 Making a game with SVG
- 37:04 Using the object tag
- 40:30 Web animation API
- 45:00 Using SVG at your work
- 50:00 SVG equivalent to CSS Zen Garden
- 52:50 Battery draw of SVG
Sign up to have new episodes dropped right into your inbox.