Simon St. Laurent — Top (2n-1) News Stories
Episode 104 • Published Jan 31, 2017
Twitter filled with Star Wars Bots; Amazon wants storefronts in virtual reality, the pain of numbering software releases, shady UX practices, and the most popular tech skills for the year, and the current asking price for 30 seconds of the Super Bowl™.
Feed and MP3 files are proudly hosted by Feed.Press
- SVG Summit — A full-day, virtual UX design conference on SVG that you can attend online on February 15th. Free recordings with registration at SVG Summit. Use discount code “NONBREAKINGSPACE” for 20% off.
- UX Design Newsletter — A weekly free newsletter containing a collection of tutorials, articles, and videos about frontend design and development, plus tips on how to bring better engagement to the multi-device world curated by Christopher Schmitt.
Jump to a conversation on…
- 6:50 Introduction of guest
- 7:32 #8 OMG, Twitter is full of Bots
- 10:57 There’s a market for slightly used Twitter accounts
- 13:02 #7 Data shield down: Online privacy and data ownership
- 20:19 #6 Don’t be an idiot on the web; Dirty UX tricks and tactics
- 28:28 #5 Major software version number upgrades
- 34:03 Guest tweet about modules/components vs. pages
- 40:08 #4 Amazon looking to bring shopping into VR
- 47:46 #3 Superbowl ad prices and viewer ratings
- 55:17 #2 New iOS update helps find your missing Apple Airpods
- 1:00:01 #1 Fastest growing skills in the last quarter
- 1:03:50 Amazon web services
- 1:05:50 How Austin, Texas has changed