Episode № 101 Lauren Golembiewski — Creating Conversational Smart Bots
December 7th, 2016 · 54 minutes
Product Design Director Lauren Golembiewski is co-founder of Voxable which builds conversational bots and voice interfaces.
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- Sass Summit - A full-day, virtual front-end UX design conference that you can attend online on December 14th. Free recordings with registration at Sass Summit. Use discount code “NBSP” for 20% off.
- Feed.Press - Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14-day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 2:50 → How’d you get into the web?
- 4:05 → We were still doing Flash back then.
- 6:55 → Tech companies bringing a lot of tech talent to Austin, Texas.
- 10:45 → When was the last project you worked on?
- 12:30 → Print projects as final and scary.
- 13:55 → Economic downturn forced a change towards the web.
- 15:07 → Updating your profiles and websites when life changes.
- 15:40 → Have you been back to Pittsburgh’s tech scene?
- 20:44 → Pittsburgh Pirates as a baseball team.
- 21:20 → Job titles and the differences between them.
- 23:00 → Bot that carries on conversations with people you don’t want to talk to again.
- 28:00 → Building a bot that can analyze conversations for mansplaining and harassing.
- 31:12 → How long do you keep someone hanging on to a conversation with a bot?
- 35:05 → What’s the feedback on Ghostbot?
- 37:20 → Bots as your personal agent.
- 40:01 → Any other bots that came out of the conference worth mentioning?
- 45:35 → Websites are getting stale.
- 47:01 → Bots as marketing vehicle.
- 51:30 → Austin as the bot capital of the USA.
Say Hello to Ghostbot, a Smart Bot That Can Handle Your Unwanted Texts — Burner: Free Phone Number, Temporary Disposable Numbers
Capital Factory – Incubator, Accelerator, Coworking, Meetups, Hackathons for Entrepreneurs, Designers, Programmers and Angel Investors
Say aloud, "Alexa, play Non Breaking Space Show podcast on Tune-in!"