Episode № 100 Simon St. Laurent and Chris Enns — Top (2n-1) News Stories
December 2nd, 2016 · 74 minutes
Vine is shutting down, who should buy Twitter, the story of Christopher dancing as Chewbacca, the cons of a MacBook Pro, CSS Devconf recap, Stranger Things and binging on Netflix, and walking away from The Walking Dead.
This episode of Non Breaking Space Show is sponsored by:
- Sass Summit - A full-day, virtual front-end UX design conference that you can attend online on December 14th. Free recordings with registration at Sass Summit. Use discount code “NBSP” for 20% off.
- Feed.Press – Hosting and feed support provided by Feed.Press. Sign-up today and try FeedPress on a 14-day trial (no contracts or commitments). Use promo code “NBSP” during checkout to get 10% off your first year.
Links and Show Notes
- 3:30 → No heavy metal muzak but we’ve changed the world for the better.
- 6:04 → Vine is discontinuing the mobile app.
- 12:30 → How Christopher Schmitt came to be wearing a Chewbacca outfit.
- 14:20 → Apple’s new MacBook Pros and cons.
- 26:30 → Microsoft’s new Surface.
- 35:30 → CSS Dev Conf superpowers.
- 44:30 → The list of activities done in San Antonio for a tech conference.
- 45:20 → CSS on resumes?
- 47:15 → Learning to give up being a generalist and focusing in on a set of skills.
- 51:25 → #America and keeping the web open?
- 55:50 → Stranger Things mashups
- 1:03:42 → Walking Dead too dead and violent?
- 1:10:11 → Pirate TV to watch TV on your old TV
Say aloud, "Alexa, play Non Breaking Space Show podcast on Tune-in!"